Date:      Sun, 8 Nov 1998 12:06:05 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        "KENNETH R CHRISTIAN  JR." <KENNTHEHAWK@prodigy.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WINDOWS 98 INSTALLATION

KENNETH R CHRISTIAN  JR. wrote:

> HOW CAN I INSTALL FreeBSD on my pc through win 98?? can you please
> HELP ME OUT..

I'd guess it's similar to the install from Windows 95. That is, don't
do it from Windows at all, reboot into DOS and do it from there. In
fact, you may not need to do that: just download boot.flp (in binary of
course, some people get it in ascii by mistake) and make a boot disk
(you also need fdimage.exe). Then download the other things you need,
put them under C:\FREEBSD, and boot from the floppy disk. Then select
install from DOS partition at the right part, and off you go (hopefully).
(They may need to go under C:\FreeBSD, I'm not sure what case it needs.)

--
Ben Smithurst
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk

send a blank message to ben+pgp@scientia.demon.co.uk for PGP key