Date:      Fri, 17 Apr 1998 14:28:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ian Kallen <spidaman@well.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ep0 or zp0

I happily inherited a new 3gig disk for my Dell Latitude XPi w/3c589c so I
thought I'd retire the old disk I've been running 2.2.2 w/PAO with.  I
imagined I'd heard that the pccard services were merged into 2.2 now so I
could dispense with getting the PAO stuff but when I went into sysinstall
and told it to use ep0, it didn't find it. It did find it when I redid it
specifying zp0.  So I have an installation running right now ftp'ing
everything down from wcarchive: zp0 driver appears to working just
groovy.  So I thought I recalled hearing complaints that the zp driver was
goofy or poorly performing, is that so?  Does 2.2.6 have the pccardd
merged in?  Or should I go fetch the PAO stuff?
thanks,
-Ian

--
Ian Kallen <spidaman@well.com>
"Like so many Americans, she was trying to construct a life that made