Date:      Sat, 29 Dec 2012 11:58:09 -0500
From:      Naram Qashat <cyberbotx@cyberbotx.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Stumbling block on updating devel/doxygen

Hello all,

As the maintainer of devel/doxygen, I am trying to update the port to 1.8.3.
But I am running into an error upon it trying to create it's docs.  This appears
to be due to the version of latex we use from teTeX being too old.

The problem is that it is failing on creating a .dvi version of the manual in
order to create a .ps version of it.  The creation of the .pdf version of the
manual appears to be fine, but the creation of the other two appears to be
specific to the FreeBSD port, and was being done prior to my taking over the port.

What I need to know is if there is actually a demand for the .dvi/.ps versions
of the doxygen manual.  I have been receiving some help from doxygen's
developer, but considering that this problem isn't in an unmodified version of
doxygen, I would prefer to stop supplying the .dvi/.ps files.

Thanks,
Naram Qashat