Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2001 02:58:44 -0500
From:      "alexus" <ml@db.nexgen.com>
To:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   jail w/ inetd

Hello

sorry for cross posting, i'm not sure whichever list is right for this.. so
i'm posting to both
you can replay directly to me (without list if you'd like)

i just implement jail and some of my users using irc and they need auth
(identd)

this is not jail host

su-2.05# ipfw show 113
00113       79        4239 fwd 172.16.0.9,113 tcp from any to 66.92.98.145
113 in recv fxp0
su-2.05# grep auth /etc/inetd.conf
# Kerberos authenticated services
#auth   stream  tcp     nowait  root    internal
#auth   stream  tcp6    nowait  root    internal
#auth   stream  tcp     nowait/10/10    root    internal
       auth -r -f -n -o UNKNOWN -t 30
#auth   stream  tcp6    nowait  root    internal        auth -r -f -n -o
UNKNOWN -t 30
#auth   stream  tcp     wait    root    /usr/local/sbin/identd
 identd -w -t120
su-2.05# telnet localhost 113
Trying ::1...
Trying 127.0.0.1...

and this is jail host

su-2.05# grep auth /etc/inetd.conf
# Kerberos authenticated services
#auth   stream  tcp     nowait  root    internal
#auth   stream  tcp6    nowait  root    internal
auth    stream  tcp     nowait  root    internal        auth -r -f -n -o
UNKNOWN -t 30
#auth   stream  tcp6    nowait  root    internal        auth -r -f -n -o
UNKNOWN -t 30
#auth   stream  tcp     wait    root    /usr/local/sbin/identd
 identd -w -t120
su-2.05# telnet localhost 113
Trying ::1...
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.

any ideas/suggestions

why isn't it working and/or what could be wrong and how to fix it?