Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 1996 22:55:57 -0400
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        gwh@spiders.com (Gene W Homicki)
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GUS PnP + 960801-SNAP

> Hey all,
>
> 	I'm using Amancio's GUS PnP Pro stuff form rah with
> 960801-SNAP.  It works, excpet for the following:

I'm using the version for FreeBSD-current.

>   1) Most times when I interrupt (^C) an MPEG playing with maplay, the
>      system reboots spontaneously.  (Okay, so I won't interrupt
>      playing mpegs. ;-)
>
>   2) The system also soetimes reboots when playing midi files.  The
>      last time this happened, it hung on one note for about 10 seconds,
>      then the system reset itself.

I've seen this happen.  Also, when playing sound files (rather than
midi files) I've have the system hang, and play the same few seconds
of the sound file over and over and over and over.

> Has anyone else seen problems like this?  I'm using a ASUS Triton
> motherboard, PCI everything excpet for th GUS plug and pray.
> Aside from that, it works like a charm.

I'm using a Tyan Titan-III (Triton-1), with everything PCI except the
GUS-pnp.  All SCSI disks, no IDE.  Again, aside from the sound driver,
things work pretty well otherwise.

louie