Date:      16 Sep 2002 11:46:51 -0000
From:      gicabulica@edison.ro
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   installing ports without empty directories

Hello!

When installing various ports, I tend to use PREFIX for the install and a good example is for putting apache in /usr/local/apache instead of /usr/local.

The \'problem\' is that in every directory specified by the PREFIX a tree of directories appears even though the port only has one file. I saw that every port usually has a pkg-list with the relative paths/files to the PREFIX.

Has anyone found a better solution for removing or even better not installing the empty directories other then removing for each install the useless dirs?

Thanks,
   Costin