Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 2002 22:01:41 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Greg Black <gjb@gbch.net>
Cc:        Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>, W Alexander Hagen <aligzanduh@yahoo.com>, <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Freebsd REL_ENG 4.3 p28 freezes every 30 minutes.

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, Greg Black wrote:

> Mike Silbersack wrote:
>
> | Which PRs describe the problems encountered?
>
> I have not submitted a PR yet.  I have raised the problems on
> the FreeBSD mailing lists several times since 4.4-RELEASE and
> have had some correspondence with Warner Losh and Greg Lehey in
> vain attempts to establish some basis for working towards a
> solution.
>
> In essence, I have laptops that work fine with PCMCIA cards
> under 4.3 but which don't recognise them at all under later
> releases (including 4.4, 4.5 and current as of a few weeks
> ago).  The symptoms, as reported several times, are:

Ah, PCMCIA... I can't help there. :)

You weren't very specific in your earlier message, and I (incorrectly)
assumed that you were talking about more general problems (which I could
work on.)

Good luck, I'm sure Warner will get it all working one of these days.  He
does commit to -current a lot, so there is the possibility that it is
already fixed.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack