Date:      Sun, 2 Apr 1995 16:52:50 -0700
From:      Richard Chang <richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        FreeBSD-current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   slip and ppp not working

	I don't know what happened... Yesterday sup wasn't working so
Justin G. helped me on that one and the machine locked up so I rebooted
and now ppp doesn't work at all, somehow it's not getting packets out of
the machine....  slip works but when I start it, it says:

Apr  2 16:45:31 bigbang slattach[196]: cannot get carrier state:
Inappropriate ioctl for device
Apr  2 16:45:31 bigbang slattach[196]: Waiting for carrier on /dev/cua00
(sl-1)

	For ppp, it just doesn't know how to handle hostnames but with ip
numbers, it would just say the network is down... Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks..

--richardc