Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 1995 22:40:51 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD-hackers)
Cc:        bill@arnet.com, hsu@cs.hut.fi
Subject:   Alpha release of Arnet SYNC/570i driver for FreeBSD

         Release Note for the Arnet SYNC/570i driver for FreeBSD.

DISCLAIMER: This is ALPHA-RELEASE code and may do anything to your system!!
Don't blame me for anything that go wrong.

I have done my development using 2 and 4 port SYNC/570i isa bus cards with
V.35 interfaces. I think the X.21 interfaces will also work just like it
is. The other interfaces may need some tweaking to the code that program
the direction of the clock signals.

This distribution is available at
ftp://ftp.internat.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD.local/arnet-0.1.tgz
and consists of:
    Relnote       - This document.
    README.ar     - The beginnning of a man page.
    hd64570.h     - Chip definitions.
    if_arregs.h   - Card definitions.
    if_ar.c       - The device driver.

To install copy hd64570.h to /sys/i386/isa/ic/ and if_ar* to /sys/i386/isa/
so that it end up like this:
    /sys/i386/isa/ic/hd64570.h
    /sys/i386/isa/if_arregs.h
    /sys/i386/isa/if_ar.c

Add the following line to /sys/i386/conf/files.i386.
    i386/isa/if_ar.c               optional        ar      device-driver

Then add the following two lines to your kernel configuration file.
    device ar0 at isa? port 0x300 net irq 10 iomem 0xd0000 vector arintr
    pseudo-device sppp

Configure and compile a new kernel.

Please report problems, bugs and especially success stories to me at:
jhay@mikom.csir.co.za.

Fixes are also very welcome. :-)

John
--