Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 2002 18:16:48 -0400
From:      Gordon Price <root@bsd1.rgptech.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   best hardware configuration for FREEBSD???

Gents or Ladies,
	I have been putting together FREEBSD boxes since 1995/96 and have run
into motherboards that have built in sound cards and vga etc that either
XFREE86 has trouble with or KDE. I have several webservers up and running using
various flavors of FREEBSD from 4.1 back to 3.1 ........... I can never seem to
pick a hardware combo where everything seems to work correctly without major
surgery.
	Has anyone tried the INTEL manufactured motherboards such as the
D850MV, D850MD, D850GB with a P4 and sound and stuff on board???? What version
of FREEBSD works best with KDE and XFREE86???
	There must be a magic combo that the development team swears by and not
at! I hate buying stuff only to find out it is not supported or has bugs.

Thanks,
R. Gordon Price
Director of Research Engineering
Loronix Information Systems, Inc.