Date:      Tue, 16 Sep 2008 23:33:47 +0400
From:      Andrey Chernov <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To:        Daniel Eischen <deischen@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Max Laier <max@love2party.net>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is fork() hook ever possible?

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 01:21:37PM -0400, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> Could you add a new interface, arc4random_setstir() or something,
> to set a flag that indicates a stir should be done at the next
> opportunity?

That was my original idea - to set the flag variable (not a new inteface)
in the fork() wrapper which arc4random() will check later. I'll think
about, what is better: getpid() speedup looks like more general solution
for all similar cases while the flag will be for arc4random() only.

--
http://ache.pp.ru/