Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 2002 16:47:34 +0200
From:      "Jonas Sonntag" <js@setcom.de>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   mpd as a vpn server - mpd caught fatal signal segv

hi list

i hope someone can help me out with this one:
i had mpd running as a vpn server for windows 2000 clients, now that i have
made world to 4.6-stable and reinstalled mpd, it won't start up any more. i
have also changed the mpd.conf file many times now, i won't get it back
running. :(
by now, i have all but NETGRAPH_MPPC_COMPRESSION options compiled into the
kernel.
this is what i get:

mpd: pid 243, version 3.8 (root@tesla.setcom.de 15:52  8-Jul-2002)
[pptp0] ppp node is "mpd243-pptp0"
mpd: caught fatal signal segv
mpd: fatal error, exiting
mpd: process 243 terminated

from now on, there is a ng0 device existing in the output of ifconfig:

ng0: flags=8890<POINTOPOINT,NOARP,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500

when i try to start mpd again i get the following output:

mpd: pid 570, version 3.8 (root@tesla.setcom.de 15:52  8-Jul-2002)
[pptp0] ppp node is "mpd570-pptp0"
[pptp0] can't connect iface and inet: File exists
[pptp0] netgraph initialization failed
mpd: no bundles defined
last message repeated 18 times
[pptp1] ppp node is "mpd570-pptp2"
mpd: caught fatal signal segv
mpd: fatal error, exiting
mpd: process 570 terminated

ifconfig now shows:

ng0: flags=8890<POINTOPOINT,NOARP,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
ng1: flags=8890<POINTOPOINT,NOARP,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500

now, this is really annoying: everytime i start it, there is one more ng
device and they won't go away until i reboot the machine.

hopefully someone can help me with this, here is my current mpd.conf and
mpd.links:

mpd.conf (there are actually 3 more pptpX's):
default:
        load pptp0
        load pptp1

pptp0:
        new -i ng0 pptp0 pptp0
        set ipcp ranges 192.168.1.254/32 192.168.6.1/32
        load client_standard

pptp1:
        new -i ng1 pptp1 pptp1
        set ipcp ranges 192.168.1.254/32 192.168.6.2/32
        load client_standard

client_standard:
        set iface disable on-demand
        set iface enable proxy-arp