Date:      Wed, 04 Oct 2006 00:33:48 +0200
From:      Fredrik Widlund <fredrik.widlund@qbrick.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   6.2-BETA2 Dell PE1950

Hi,

I'm trying to get FreeBSD working on Dell 1950 (and 2950), which is
vital since it's no longer possible to buy 1850/2850 units here.

Hardware:
PE1950 Xeon 5130, 2GB 667MHz
SAS 5I
PERC5E

6.1-RELEASE: not possible since SAS drives aren't found.
6.2-BETA2: bce interfaces does not work at all, "watchdog timeout
occured" every other second, and _no_ connectivity.

We are also having problems with some PE1850 failing from time to time
with "watchdog timeout" hangs, and have had to debug.mpsafenet=0 these.

How can we help solve this issue? It would really be a pity to be forced
to leave FreeBSD but we really can't afford to replace our choice of
hardware platform.

Kind regards,
Fredrik Widlund