Date:      Tue, 06 May 1997 09:18:09 -0700
From:      Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
To:        asami@vader.cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, samath@slt.lk
Subject:   Re: popper no-package ?

  From: asami@vader.cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
  Subject: popper no-package ?
  I see that mail/popper/Makefile contains this line:

  ===
  NO_PACKAGE=     "Needs POP UID"
  ===

  Is this still true?  I don't see any pop id on hub, for instance.

Yes.

  ===
  >> ls -slg /usr/local/bin/popauth
   58 -rws--x--x  1 root  bin  58410 May 12  1996 /usr/local/bin/popauth*
  ===

That's insecure.

  Even if it really needs the UID, we can just make the check the
  existence of the uid and fall back to IS_INTERACTIVE if it doesn't
  exist.  (Put the check in pkg/REQ and that will cover the package
  too.)

OK?

  Satoshi