Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 1999 22:46:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dave H <dave@webgator.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        jmz@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree86 broken? and why not a package?

Hi,

The XFree86 port is marked as broken... bummer.It seemed to build fine for
me (recent stable), so I'm wondering just how broken it really is (and if
it should be marked as broken - perhaps a warning instead?).

I had a hard drive go bad on me, so I went through the install process for
the first time in a long time. The fact that the port was marked as broken
discouraged me at first and I began to wonder why this is not available in
package form - installing it as part of the base install is not the same
as the port as many dependent packages are concerned. Having it in package
form would be a good solution when installing from ports is undesireable
or impossible for any reason (and it's easier to manage than the base
install).

Or am I missing something really huge?

Dave