Date:      Sat, 27 Jun 1998 21:39:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>
To:        Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Asking Sue nicely, no personal Emails... (was Re: How import

On 27-Jun-98 Malartre wrote:

> Sue Blake receive probably a lot of mail. If she want to reply to one of
> them, she have no time to check if "Tim" is on the list of people who do
> not want to be sent a cc of the msg.

I would very much appreciate it if she did.  It's not that tough just to check
who your messages are going to and click "delete" on one of the recipients.  I
always check myself, just to know who the message is going to.  Not to do so is
somewhat careless, IMO.  You should always know where your Email is going
before clicking "Send."

> Read that carefully: http://www.lemis.com/questions.html#answer
> "6. ...Unless there's a good reason to do otherwise, just reply to the
> person and copy FreeBSD-questions."

Consider this strong personal request a "good reason to do otherwise," and thus
obeying the list charter.

My mail reader in Windows (Eudora) allowed server-side filtering - I.E. if I
didn't want to receive a message, the mail reader wouldn't download it at all,
just instruct the server to delete the message.  My BSD Email program doesn't do
that, AFAIK (I'll have to check more carefully).

I have a right to control what goes into my private mailbox, and to request that
others don't send me mail, for whatever reason I please.  I don't dislike Sue,
am not trying to get on her case, I simply don't want any personal Email
from her.  If she wants to discuss something with me (or I with her) I want it
to take place on the list only, so others can offer feedback.  That's all I'm
asking, and I'm not trying to start trouble.

Think of it like this: There's a certain person you want to talk to only in a
public place, not one to one in a room in your house.  Certainly there are a few
people in your life you could apply that to, for whatever reason.

E-Mail: Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>
Date: 27-Jun-98
Time: 21:16:08

This message was sent by XFMail under Fvwm2 and FREEBSD.
My personal website is at http://www.serv.net/~fewtch/index.html
Take a look if you have the time - something for everyone there.