Date:      Tue, 21 Dec 1999 20:29:09 -0600
From:      Bob Willcox <bob@luke.immure.com>
To:        questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Restoring the boot manager?

Hi All,

How can I restore the FreeBSD boot manager on the hard disk?  On a new
system I first installed FreeBSD (4.0-current as of 12/16/99) in a
FreeBSD slice and then installed Windows 98 in the remaining space on
the disk.  Unfortunately, Windows saw fit to overwrite the FreeBSD boot
manager on the disk. :-(

I now need to (only) write the boot manager back to to the disk.

Thanks for any help,
Bob

--
Bob Willcox                 Don't tell me that worry doesn't do any good.
bob@pmr.com                 I know better. The things I worry about don't