Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 2004 21:59:32 -0800
From:      Nicholas Esborn <nick@netdot.net>
To:        openoffice@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   editors/openoffice-1.1 port fails to install

Hello,

I'm trying to build the editors/openoffice-1.1 port.  I've hit a number
of setbacks.

I am building it WITHOUT_MOZILLA=1, since the version of mozilla it wants
has known vulnerabilities.  I also ran into problems with a missing Xm
function in the java code, so I'm building WITHOUT_JAVA=1 as well.

These two make variables enable it to completely build, but then the
installation fails, apparently because it wants an 'install' executable
which is not available:

===>  Checking if editors/openoffice-1.1 already installed
#
# UGLY hack to not have to specify a X-Display.
#
/usr/X11R6/bin/Xvfb :1001 -screen 0 800x600x24 > /dev/null 2>&1 & echo $! > /usr/ports/editors/openoffice-1.1/work/.Xvfb.pid
./install: not found
*** Error code 127

I'd be very happy to get this port installed.  Thanks for any help you can
offer.

-nick

--
"They that can give up essential liberty
  to obtain a little temporary safety

   Benjamin Franklin
    Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759