Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 2004 09:01:26 +0200
From:      Georg Wagner <georg.wagner@ubs.com>
To:        openoffice@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   problems with arabic fonts with openoffice 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 on FreeBSD

I have tested OOo 1.1.2 and OOo 1.1.3 on FreeBSD 5.2.1 (XFree86 and
Xorg) and 4.10/XFree86 .

On both platforms there is a problem with arabic fonts. They are not
rendered correctly. All letters of  arabic texts are more or less
written on a heap (above each other).

I suppose that these error is platform dependant since I did not hear
about any problems with linux recently. But I know that Mandrake Linux
has had this problem too. On this platform it was related to the version
of libfreetype.

Is this error already known or even beeing actively investigated? Since
this error seems to be platform related to whom should I send an error
report?

Regards

Georg Wagner