Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 2002 17:59:59 -0400
From:      Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net>
To:        Peter Grehan <peterg@ptree32.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Yet more updated kernels

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 10:58:11PM +1000, Peter Grehan wrote:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~grehan/kernel
> http://people.freebsd.org/~grehan/kernel.nfs
>
>  This should fix the problem for machines with > 256Mb. I've booted
> successfully on my 640Mb eMac, although the OFW console is painfully slow.
> The keyboard h/w doesn't seem to buffer as many keystrokes as the old
> iBook.

this boots fine on my white ibook, but fails to find the cdrom, so i
can't do much at mountroot>

i'm tired of copying the boot messages down by hand, so here's a
screenshot courtesy of my digital camera, just in case the output
helps out in debugging.

http://electricjellyfish.net/garrett/pics/freebsd-ibook.jpg

thanks for all your work on this, it's looking great.  when can we
expect to see this work committed?

-garrett

--
garrett rooney                    Remember, any design flaw you're
rooneg@electricjellyfish.net      sufficiently snide about becomes