Date:      Fri, 09 Mar 2012 12:09:36 +0100
From:      geoffroy desvernay <dgeo@centrale-marseille.fr>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Mark Felder <feld@feld.me>, Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: databases/mariadb -- should we have several versions?

--------------enig7864F48EC9EA33A13CFDEDE3

On 07/03/2012 23:03, Mark Felder wrote:
> How does the community feel about having multiple mariadb ports like ou=
> current mysql ports? It would be nice to have mariadb53-{client-server}=

> and mariadb55-{client|server} as well, in my opinion.
>=20
>=20
> Thoughts?

That would be a nice idea, including a nice
(DEFAULT|WITH|WANT)_MYSQL_VER magic that I'm not able to imagine...

For now, databases/mariadb-server use MYSQL_VER=3D52, which is not used b=
mysql.

Don't know what should be the better way: a kind of 'meta' port, more
magic in bsd.databases.mk, or another way to (auto-)select a compatible
port in respect to user's choice ?

For mariadb 5.3, I think it could replace actual
databases/mariadb-server (because of 5.1 compatibility), but it'd nicer
to let user decide=E2=80=A6 Still don't know what is better (and how to d=
o it
the right way)

I also remember Doug Barton had some thoughts about that=E2=80=A6

--=20
*Geoffroy Desvernay*
C.R.I - Administration syst=C3=A8mes et r=C3=A9seaux
Ecole Centrale de Marseille