Date:      Wed, 7 May 2003 16:52:37 +0100
From:      "Hall J D (ISeLS)" <jdhall@glam.ac.uk>
To:        "'freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   AIC-7902 problems

Hello,

I've just got a SuperMicro X5DE8 motherboard based server with dual Xeon
2.4GHz processors and 2GB ram. This has got an on board AIC-7902 based dual
channel Ultra 320 SCSI controller onboard. Plugged into channel A of the
controller are two Fujitsu LVD Ultra320 SCA drives a 36GB and a 73GB.

When trying to install FreeBSD 4.8 (or 4.7) the install starts OK but not
long after the extractions of the distributions starts I start getting lot's
of

(da0:ahd0:0:0:0): .CDB:2a
(da0:ahd0:0:0:0): ILLEGAL REQUEST asc:25,0

errors appearing on the debug console. The install then fails.

I also tried FreeBSD 5.0 and while I can get this to install and run for a
short period I then start getting these SCSI errors again.

Are there any know issues with the AIC-7902 driver or any parameters I can
configure to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Jonathan