Date:      Wed, 22 Dec 1999 15:51:55 +1300
From:      "Sarton O'Brien" <roguetr@patho.gen.nz>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Basic routing problem

I am on a network that is connected to a router that has a direct line to a
switch at an isp with no dhcp service. I have specified the default gateway
using route add, and can ping the dns server. I can even ping my mates
computer on an entirely different network but I cant telntet/ftp/browse etc.

I am relatively new to networking, so a hint as to what other processes I
should be applying, or anything would be great :)