Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2012 17:26:35 -0700
From:      Stanislav Sedov <stas@FreeBSD.org>
To:        =?KOI8-R?Q?=FA=CC=C1=D4=CB=CF_=E1=D3=C5=CE=CF=D7?= <zlatko.asenov@gmail.com>
Cc:        ruby@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Solved]  ExecJS::RuntimeError in Demo#index

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 00:14:38 +0300
=FA=CC=C1=D4=CB=CF =E1=D3=C5=CE=CF=D7 <zlatko.asenov@gmail.com> mentioned:

> Hi All,
>=20
> I resolved the issue.
>=20
> What I did:
>=20
> 1. # pkg_deinstall -r rubygem\*
>=20
> Didn't help.
>=20
> 2. # portmaster --force-config www/node and unchecked  SHARED_V8 option.
>=20
> 3. #  portmaster devel/ruby-gems
>=20
> 4. #  gem install rails
>=20
> Now it works :)
>=20
> If I may ask a question: Is it better to install gems from ports or=20
> using the 'gem install' method?
>=20

Personally, I'd recommend using gems (at least for development).
This way you will get the updates faster, and will be able to
have multiple version of a gem installed, which sometimes is required
by some libraries.  Also, tools like 'bundle' utilize gems system
as well.

BTW, you can have gems installed locally for a particular user while
having ports managing the system-wide gems.  They won't interfere.
Just set the GEM_HOME variable to point to a place where you want
gems to be installed.

--=20
Stanislav Sedov
ST4096-RIPE

()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail=20