Date:      Mon, 15 Apr 1996 17:00:34 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org
Cc:        dherbst@gradient.cis.upenn.edu, ports@FreeBSD.org, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: plan statically linked?

 * I didn't know where everything should be installed; the defaults
 * didn't seem to conform to FreeBSD installations.  There were some
 * example holiday files, documents, scripts, and more than one executable.
 * So I put them in /usr/local/plan/(bin,lib,docs,misc,examples).  I
 * need a little port guidance here...

The FreeBSD standard is to put things in appropriate subdirectories of
/usr/local.  In your case, it should look like

/usr/local/bin             binaries
/usr/local/etc             configuration scripts
/usr/local/lib             static/shared libraries
/usr/local/share/doc/plan  documentation

If the examples aren't too big, just stick them in share/doc/plan.

Satoshi