Date:      Mon, 9 Jan 2012 19:04:21 -0800
From:      Lyubomir Grigorov <lyubomir@grigorovl.eu>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org, nwhitehorn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: POWER3 / IBM 7028-6E1

--nextPart14419560.kNozynvhBX

>Likely it needs some additional magic for your machine. If you can get to =
the=20
>OF prompt, you  might be able to start the loader by hand.
I updated the firmware and I also tried FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE (I had an old R=
C=20
that I was using before) and I was able to get some output. I was able to=20
select Boot Device > IDE CD-ROM, and then it identified FreeBSD. Once it=20
booted, it failed with:

Heap memory claim failed!
                         ENTER called ok
0 >=20

I then threw in some random commands at the OF prompt:

0 > boot cd: Unable to use memory at load-base
 ok
0 > boot cd Unable to use memory at load-base
 ok
0 > boot ide0/disk@0:0 Unable to use memory at load-base
 ok

Is there some verbose boot I can try to get you more information? The CD is=
 at=20
least now booting, so the hope continues to live :)

=2D-
Lyubomir Grigorov (bgalakazam)