Date:      Tue, 6 Oct 1998 11:36:26 -0700
From:      Brendan Miller <brmiller@xenon.kudzu.gammalink.com>
To:        "Karl O. Pinc" <kop@meme.com>
Cc:        aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pre15 woes w. both 68pin & 50pin

> 4 Seagate ST-15230W hard drives (68 pin)
> (and, in the following physical order)
> Yahama 4260t series CDRW (50 pin), internal
> Python Dat tape drive (scsi II), external
> HP scanner detected as a C2520A (w. 1 centronics & 1 ugly 25pin D connector)
> Epson zip drive, external (Iomega licensed knock off w. 25pin D
> connectors & internal termination on)

Have you tried removing the "cheezy" 25pin SCSI devices from the chain?
Also, how long is that chain?  I had problems when I had wide and narrow
devices on a BusLogic 958 card 'cause my SCSI chain was something like
15 feet long.

Also, removing that ZIP drive with its stupid 25pin SCSI made a big
difference.  I now run it on a 2842 (VL) with some other narrow
external devices (and no internal devices), and it seems to work okay,
but it works even better when it's on its own cheap ISA controller.
Leonard Z had said several times that these "cheap 25pin SCSI interfaces"
can wreak havoc on a "real SCSI" chain.

Brendan Miller