Date:      Sun, 9 Jun 1996 15:06:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        fhackers@jraynard.demon.co.uk (James Raynard)
Cc:        lada@ws2301.gud.siemens.co.at, dyson@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Breaking ffs - speed enhancement?

James Raynard wrote:

> > > I hope the sources on 2.1 CD are good enough for preliminary reading.  Do you
> > > perhaps know where are the patches and additional documentation (i.e.
> > > papers, etc ?)
> >
> > 	i have collected a number of papers describing LFS for my
> > 	own edification.  i can mail them out or put them up for
> > 	ftp.  anyone interested?
>
> Hmm, don't suppose anyone has anything similar for portals? (I've got
> a paper by Stevens and Pendry on the 4.4BSD implementation, but that's
> all).

	at the moment that is all i have as well.

	you all are just too much.  i figure that *no one* is working lfs
	here is something i can do as time allows.  i collect the papers
	and bang.  everyone is interested in lfs.  right outta nowhere.

	fine.  found stevens and pendry's paper on friday.  figure, well
	there are all doing lfs now.   i'll grab portals.  fits with
	security needs that i have.  a lot of it is user-land, easier to
	work.

	*smack*  now someone is asking about portals.

	well, i have a new policy.  i am going to collect material for any
	section of FreeBSD i want improved.  people should start working on
	it within 3 days time. >-;   <evil grin>

jmb
--
Jonathan M. Bresler           FreeBSD Postmaster             jmb@FreeBSD.ORG
FreeBSD--4.4BSD Unix for PC clones, source included. http://www.freebsd.org/