Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 2003 22:13:30 -0500
From:      Rod Person <rod.person@verizon.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Help Troubleshooting Network problem

Hi all,

I have a DSL connection and a Intel EtherPro 10/100 network card running FreeBSD 4.8 pre-release.

I have noticed that sometimes when I'm downloading overnight, something like an iso image or something large that make ppp load seems to overflow and stop working.

What happens is that all application that use a network connection lock up. Applications such as email web browser etc. I have to Kill the ppp pid and all application accessing it and restart them.

I know this isn't the best description but can someone give me an idea on what to look at to try and trouble shoot this. I've never had this problem before with any release. I've even used 5.0 for awhile on this machine and had no such problem.

Rod

--
"If you want to terrorize the world, you need the CIA."
  - Ralph McGhee, CIA Operative