Date:      Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:06:39 +0100
From:      Andrea Franceschini <andrea.franceschini@postecom.it>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Firmware Upgrade for DWL-660

Hi All,

	I have a DWL-660 wireless card, It is recognized by the kernel (FreeBSD 5.1)
	 but It only works in ad-hoc mode.

	When I try to put it in bss mode with a FreeBSD based hostap I see
	the led flashing for few minutes and the "Current BSSID:" field
	changing from "44:44:44:44:44" to the MAC address of the AP.

	After a while the led turns off and "Current BSSID:" change again
	to the old value.

	All this repeats again and again without getting associated.

	So ,as a first step, I'm trying to upgrade firmware version.

	But D-link doesn't provide the neither firmware nor the tools to upgrade,
	third parties tools (like orinoco's one) doesn't even  recognize the card.

	Has someone any hints about upgrading the firmware on Lucent based cards?

Thanks.