Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 1996 02:33:22 -0600 (CST)
To:        d_burr@ix.netcom.com (Donald Burr)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What can you do with device uk0?

In reply:
> On Wed, 24 Jan 1996, Dave Walton wrote:
>
> > I've got a Fujitsu DynaMO 230 drive that is only recognized as device
> > uk0.  The most productive interaction I have had with it is
> > generating the famous "Device not configured" message.  What, if anything,
> > can be done with/to such a device that is even marginally useful?
>
> If a peripheral has been assigned to the 'uk0' device, that means that it
> is unsupported by any of the standard SCSI drivers (for disks, CD-ROMs,
> tapes, etc.)  The only operations that can be done on uk0 devices are the
> standard SCSI ioctl's.
>
> If you want to get this device working under FreeBSD, you'll have to write
> a driver for it. :(

not necessarily...

you are probably jumpered for a type 7 device...  just rejumper it for type 0..
jumpers, dipswitches, whatever...

i had the same problem with my IBM MTA-3230 m-o...  the sd driver should pick
it right up..  works great!

m-o r0x duh werld!@#

how much you pay fer the fujitsu?

need disks?  $25.00/each + shipping, unconditional 100 year guarantee.
email me.  yes, 230's.  volume discounts..

Jim
--
All opinions expressed are mine, if you   | "I will not be pushed, stamped,
think otherwise, then go jump into turbid | briefed, debriefed, indexed, or