Date:      Mon, 26 Jan 2009 18:04:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      telmnstr@757.org
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cmi 8788 support?

> Looks like I just have to give up, and buy new motherboard, cpu and
> ram, to get a soundcard that is working with FreeBSD, anyone who can
> confirm that Realtek ALC1200 works fine with FreeBSD?

What about... I dunno, SHOVING IN A SOUND CARD? What's wrong with picking
up any Sound Blaster Live PCI card, and cramming it in? If that doesn't
work, find the USB based MP3+ ... a beautiful little silver and black
gadget with optical in and out, mic in and out, line in and out (RCAs)...
that I've seen work with FreeBSD, NetBSD, Debian, CentOS, Windows and if I
recall, OS X. ~$10 on FeeBay.