Date:      Mon, 06 Mar 2000 16:23:16 PST
From:      "Boaz Klappholz" <boazk@efn.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Initial Boot Failure, possible unsupported hardware?

Greetings,

	My problem: Initial booting hangs using two tested boot disks.

	I see:

		Searching for Boot rEcord from Floppy..OK

		/boot.config: -P
		Keyboard: no

		BTX Boot loader 1.00	BTX version is 1.01

	then it hangs.

	The machine is:

		AMD k7-700 on a SD11 MB from FIC
		256 megs of PC100 ram
		15.2 gig Maxtor drive ATA-66
		some standard IDE floppy
		A NEC CD-Rom drive, IDE
		STB Velocity 128 AGP video card
		Intel EtherExpress 10/100 NIC

Now I've seen FreeBSD run on a K7 before, so I'm hoping that it's not a
MB prob. I notice it doesn't detect the keyboard, though if I stick in
the mfsroot floppy (which I did on accident once) it readily recieved
KB input. Anyhow, any and all help would be most appreciated. Thanks in
advance,

	--Boaz Klappholz