Date:      Sun, 21 Nov 1999 13:10:37 -0500 (EST)
From:      Stan Brown <stanb@netcom.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (Free BSD Questions list)
Subject:   Sendmail config help, please second request

	In an effor to stisfy the demigods that control the FreeBSD mailing
	lists, I am having to completley restructure what was a perefectly good
	setup for years :-(

	I have a network of machines at home these machines are gatewayed to
	the inernet via a FreeBSD 2.2.8 machine, and a cablemodem. On this
	network is an HPUX 9.10 machine which originates all mail for exterrnal
	systems. The FreeBSD mail machine has gotten smart enough todetect this
	somehow :-(

	I am told that I need to use a newer version of sendmail and it's
	masquerading features to fix this. So I have compiled 8.9.3 on the HPUX
	box and generated the following .mc file.

divert(-1)
#
# Copyright (c) 1998 Sendmail, Inc.  All rights reserved.
# Copyright (c) 1983 Eric P. Allman.  All rights reserved.
# Copyright (c) 1988, 1993
#	The Regents of the University of California.  All rights reserved.
#
# By using this file, you agree to the terms and conditions set
# forth in the LICENSE file which can be found at the top level of
# the sendmail distribution.
#
#

#
#  This is a generic configuration file for HP-UX 9.x.
#  It has support for local and SMTP mail only.  If you want to
#  customize it, copy it to a name appropriate for your environment
#  and do the modifications there.
#

divert(0)dnl
VERSIONID(`@(#)generic-hpux9.mc	8.8 (Berkeley) 5/19/1998')
OSTYPE(hpux9)dnl
DOMAIN(generic)dnl
FEATURE(`always_add_domain')dnl
FEATURE(`masquerade_entire_domain')dnl
FEATURE(`genericstable', `dbm /usr/lib/mailertable')dnl
FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')dnl
MASQUERADE_AS(awod.com)dnl
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(fas.com)dnl
EXPOSED_USER(root postmaster)dnl
GENERICS_DOMAIN(fas.com)dnl
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl

	However this aparently breaks sending mail completly :-(

	Here are some details:

	1. My fake domain is fas.com

	2. The ISP that I wnat my reply to set to is awod.com

	I need to map local users to ISP account names, eg stan neends to becom
	stanb@awod.com

	So I have several questiosn.

	1. Dose this .mc file look correct?

	2. How do I generate  the mailertable database? i know that i have to
	create a text file, and then run some program to make the dbm from it.
	What is this program?

	3. How can I test this to see what rewriting is being done?

	I would very much appreciate some help on this. i have spent most of
	the weekend on it so far, withou success.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    404-996-6955
Factory Automation Systems