Date:      Sun, 24 Nov 1996 02:19:46 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.dialix.com>
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Whee! :-)

Hi,

> At last! :-)
>
> APIC_IO works for me on a system with an EISA 2742T controller! :-)
>
> -Peter

will you be checking something in for this, or did it just start working
(in that way that computers do to play with our minds)?

I'm headed for bed, I'll be checking in new vector.s, icu.s, microtime.s
smptests.h, mp_machdep.c, init_main.c and ??? tomorrow.

>  Modified:    i386/i386  mp_machdep.c
> Log:
>  Remove the <press return to continue> for the normal kernel without
>  the experimental IO apic options.

I was getting kind of tired of that also....
This was to "encourage" people to test APIC_IO.  We need to start thinking
about making APIC_IO the default.  Perhaps once we get confirmation that
my "mixed-mode" 8259 stuff works it will be time to do so.  I will be
commiting that stuff as an option tomorrow.

I've also removed the APIC_LAZY warning from mp_machdep.c and made
APIC_LAZY the default in smptests.h  Now that the missing INT problem
is past us i386/isa/if_ed.c could be reverted to -current.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by
smp@csn.net	|            FreeBSD