Date:      Fri, 7 Apr 2000 11:44:42 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>
To:        ticso@cicely.de (Bernd Walter)
Cc:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG (David O'Brien), jesper@skriver.dk (Jesper Skriver), hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: desire for ftp.internat.freebsd.org mirror

> > > If the amount of data is not huge, we can put it on ftp.dk.FreeBSD.org
> >
> > I have no idea how big the collection is -- I could just finally login,
> > but an ``ls'' timed out.
>
> I found out that not using passive mode works.

Oops, that was my fault. Somewhere in all the wu-ftpd upgrades the ports
that the CSIR firewall allowed and what wu-ftpd tried to use for passive
ftp got out of sync. Should be fixed now.

At the moment our (the CSIR's) internet link is VERY saturated during
working hours (we are in SA so GMT+2). If you can try after hours, you
should have better luck. The people responsible for our network are
playing with a PacketShaper from Packeteer to see if that will help,
but at the moment it seems that ftp response is worse than ever. I'm
trying to work with them to see if we can get it better.

BTW. Wes Peters' idea of a boat is way cheaper than what we pay for
our 1Mbit/s link here. :-)

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@mikom.csir.co.za