Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 1995 17:01:38 -0700
From:      jkh@violet.berkeley.edu (Jordan K. Hubbard)
To:        hackers@Freebsd.org

From: brian@news.demon.co.uk (Brian Somers)
Newsgroups: comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc
Subject: iijppp & LQR requests
Date: 26 Jul 1995 18:18:56 GMT

I seem to have bumped into a problem with iijppp & its LQR requests -

I start 'ppp -auto gate' where gate is my network provider.   ppp says
"thank you very much" and hangs around waiting for something exciting to
happen.  Something exciting happens, ppp logs on, establishes the link and
eventually exciting things stop happening and it drops the link.

This is what we _DO_ want.
The problem however is (I think!) that LcpLayerDown() doesn't call StopLqr().

50 seconds later (1 LQR / 10 secs, 5 without response = timeout) ppp gives
up and exits.

Some time later, something exciting happens, but it doesn't stay exciting for
very long 'cos ppp isn't playing any more.

I've tried sticking the line

    StopLqr( LQM_LQR );

into LcpLayerDown() after the StopAllTimers line.  It seems to make ppp happy.

--
Brian <brian@awfulhak.demon.co.uk>