Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2001 10:02:33 -0500
From:      Pete McKenna <pmckenna@qwest.net>
To:        Paul Halliday <dp@penix.org>
Cc:        Frederique Rijsdijk <free@support.euronet.nl>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: connecting a FujiFinePix1400 (USB) ?

I can't speak to the camera, but I've found that coldsync
works for my visor. It's in the palm ports.

pmckenna:more coldsync/pkg-descr
        ColdSync is a robust, extensible, portable tool for
synchronizing PalmOS devices (PalmPilot et al.) with a Unix
workstation. It also supports USB connections to a Visor, under
FreeBSD 4.0.
        It runs without a GUI, and therefore allows you to sync
without running X.
        ColdSync is extensible through the use of conduits, which
allow it to share information with other applications.

        For more information, see
WWW: http://www.ooblick.com/software/coldsync/

- Andrew Arensburger
arensb@ooblick.com

Pete

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 05:18:40PM +0000, Paul Halliday wrote:
> Frederique Rijsdijk wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to connect a digital camera with a USB interface
> > (FujiFinePix1400 in this case) to a FreeBSD (3.4-S) host to download
> > the images?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> heh.. freebsd usb sucks.
> I have a handspring and a fujifilm finepix40i that are just sitting here
> collecting dust.
>

>  From 3.4 - 4.3 S I have tried every available means, packages, patches
> to get either of them working with 0 luck.
>
> If you do happen to get it up and running, please let me know how you
> achieved such a miraculous feat.
>

> > -- Frederique
> >

> --
> Paul H.

Peter McKenna                                 Qwest Internet Solutions
pmckenna@qwest.net                                   Main 612-664-4000
                                                      FAX 612-664-4770