Date:      Tue, 26 May 2020 16:56:31 -0500
From:      Jason Bacon <bacon4000@gmail.com>
To:        Sidney Holliday <sid_holliday2001@yahoo.com>, freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Powerpc64 power management control

Is is a PowerMac G5?

If so, this is a known issue that's not due to power consumption.  There
seems to be something in the boot process that's not being initialized
consistently, so after most boots, the fans ramp up after a few minutes
or so.  I've found that rebooting has a small probability of eliminating
the issue, so if you can get a clean boot where the fans don't go nuts
within a few minutes, you should be OK until the next reboot.

     JB