Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2000 10:43:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Richard L. Lamb" <rll@netcom.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cdd wants /dev/rcd0c.ctl for CD audio extraction

I'm trying to use 3.2-STABLE with a Plextor 12X SCSI CD-ROM to
extract audio tracks from a CD.  I'm using cdd from the ports
collection.

cdd reads the table of contents, but then exits with the message:
CDIOREADAUDIO: Inappropriate ioctl for device.

I looked at the source, and it appears that cdd is trying to open
"/dev/rcd0c.ctl", which does not exist on my system.  If that file
is not found, cdd attempts to use ATAPI commands rather than SCSI
commands.

MAKEDEV doesn't seem to know how to create /dev/rcd0c.ctl.  Do I
have to use mknod?

Thanks,
Richard Lamb
rll@netcom.com