Date:      Tue, 21 Oct 1997 08:44:52 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Joakim Henriksson <murduth@ludd.luth.se>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AOpen AW35 (CS4237)

> > using Luigi's sound driver since i also have a PAS card that i want (need)
> > to use. Or how hard it would be to get the PAS (with sb part running) to
> > work with Luigi's driver.
>
> the best option would be to support the PAS on my driver. Does it
> by chance emulate the SB or something, or can you help in writing
> support for it ?

The PAS is one of the funnier cards since it does do SB emulation, but
uses an actual Creatice chip to achieve it. This gives the PAS two sound
channels out (PAS 16bit stereo, sb 8bit mono). I would think that the sb
part could be accessed by your drivers. But then i lose the PAS part and
can _still_ only play two sounds at a time :) As to me writing a driver...
Don't have the slightest idea how to. I would guess there are some
defferencies between your driver and the voxware one, how hard would it be
to port the voxware one, any guidelines etc?

regards/ Joakim