Date:      10 Jan 1998 17:40:31 +0100
From:      dag-erli@ifi.uio.no (Dag-Erling Coidan Smørgrav)
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI/Tape problem?

Font <font@Mcs.Net> writes:
> connection, because I already had a CD-ROM drive on the internal narrow
> connector and two WD Enterprise drives on the internal wide connector, and
> the 2940UW does not support the use of all three connectors at once.
> Repeat: only two of the three connections can be used at once, and
> termination should be properly configured for the types of connections
> used.

Of course you can only use two out of three. No matter how you look at
it you still have only one SCSI channel, and it can't have three
extremities.

There's nothing magical about termination though, just leave the
adapter setting on "Automatic" and make sure each end of the bus is
terminated.

--
 * Finrod (INTJ) * Unix weenie * dag-erli@ifi.uio.no * cellular +47-92835919 *
  RFC1123: "Be liberal in what you accept, and conservative in what you send"