Date:      Fri, 23 May 1997 11:48:16 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Robert Eckardt <roberte@mep.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI tape config

As Joerg Wunsch wrote:
> As Michael Smith wrote:
[...]
> > > The drive itself should be QIC-02, so if you've got an interface card
> > > for this, you could use it directly with the wt(4) driver.
> >
> > I actually recently scored one of these cards (an Archive SC400) and a
> > suitable drive; if someone has jumper docs on the card, I would be
> > happy to keep it for future driver testing if required...
>
> Mine (donated to FreeBSD by Wilko Bulte) is working.  It has the
> following jumpers set:
>
> CC and Y, between the QIL chip in the center and the 5 LEDs.
> KK at the bottom.
>
> A6 and A9 at the address block, i think that's 0x240.
> IRQ 5, DRQ 1, and DACK 1 are obvious.
>
> This should be all there is to be.

If the SC499 is meant the doc is as follows:
          ==

 |                                                                      | +--
 |              ..                                                      | |
 |             (1)        ..                                            | |
 |                        ## (2)                                        | |
 |                        ##                                            XXXX
 |                                        (3)                           XXXX
 |                                      #::::::                         XXXX
 |                                                                      XXXX
 |                                 (4)            (5)            (6)    XXXX
 |                                 #:::          :#::::         #::#::  XXXX
 +---------------------------------------------======================---+ |
                                               HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH     |

(1)  RR  Disable Ready Interrupt (##=Disable)
(2)  DD  Tape Speed (..=90ips (default), For Archive Use Only)
     CC  Tape Format (##=QIC-24, ..=QIC-11) (closed)
      Y  No. of Tracks (##=9tracks, ..=4 tracks) (closed)
(3)  A9    A8    A7    A6    A5    A4    A3      I/O Register Base
      +------- closed                         (selectable from 0 to 3F8)
(4)  KK    HH    FF    NN
      |     |     |     +--- ?
      |     |     +--------- Loop on Error (For Archive Use Only)
      |     +--------------- Test Conf. (For Archive Use Only)
      +--------------------- Test at power on (closed)

(5)  2  3  4  5  6  7      IRQ
(6)  1   2   3   1   2   3
     |   |   |   +---+---+---  DACK  (select in pair)

Hope it helps,
Robert

--
Dr. Robert Eckardt                                                 (
    Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum, Inst.f.Theor.Physik, NB6/169          )