Date:      Thu, 10 May 2001 03:54:48 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@eboa.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   What gives?

These last few days I've been upgrading.

That is, attempting to. I tried Interbase/Firebird, Gnome 1.4, KDE 2,
xemacs and some other ports. None of which succeeded.

Some I tried multiple times. Alas.

Which made me wonder. Is there a ports-stable?

If not, why not? Surely there's a market for that. Do we really want
to have Micro-Soft to have all the fun? Sure, they're trouble by bugs.
Who isn't? But once you get the CD (or download) you can usually
actually install and run it!

So what stability does Micro-Soft has that FreeBSD hasn't?

Just wondering.

Roelof