Date:      Tue, 20 Sep 2011 17:49:44 +0000
From:      "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollucci@p6m7g8.com>
To:        Steve Kostecke <kostecke@ntp.org>
Cc:        stenn@ntp.org, apache@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: www/apache22 and devel/apr1 circular dependency

cd /var/db/pkg ;
sudo pkg_delete -f apr* apache*

cd /usr/ports/www/apache22
sudo make clean all install clean

On 09/20/11 17:44, Steve Kostecke wrote:
> "Philip M. Gollucci" said:
>
>> Thats not correct, you missed an updating entry.
>
> I followed these instructions in /usr/ports/UPDATING:
>
> | 20100518:
> |   AFFECTS: users of devel/apr0, devel/apr1, www/apache20, www/apache22
> |   AUTHOR: pgollucci@FreeBSD.org
> |
> |   devel/apr port has been renamed to devel/apr1.
> |
> |   WITH_APR_FROM_PORTS=yes for www/apache22 has been dissolved and may be
> |   removed from your configuration files; devel/apr1 is always used now.
> |
> |   Please manually delete apache-2.\* if installed _before_ updating
> | using
> |   either portmaster or portupgrade:
> |
> |         pkg_delete -f apache-2.\*
> |
> |   Then, if you use portmaster:
> |
> |         portmaster -o devel/apr1 devel/apr
> |
> |   If you use portupgrade:
> |
> |         portupgrade -f -o devel/apr1 devel/apr
> |
> |   Finally, reinstall Apache port if you deleted it earlier and update
> | ports as
> |   usual (`XX' below is either 20 or 22):
> |
> |         portinstall www/apacheXX
>
> These instructions don't work for me; I can't install devel/apr1 or
> www/apache22.
>
> There are no other relevant entries in our /usr/ports/UPGRADING.
>
>> See the apache@ mail archives for NUMEROUS posts on this.  copious even.
>
> I spent a considerable amount of time searching this morning and found
> nothing remotely helpful.
>
> [snip: ~ 600 lines of text]
>
> Thanks,

VP Infrastructure,                Apache Software Foundation
Committer,                        FreeBSD Foundation
Consultant,                       P6M7G8 Inc.
Director Operations,              Ridecharge Inc.

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.