Date:      Wed, 27 Dec 2006 10:03:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      "R. B. Riddick" <arne_woerner@yahoo.com>
To:        Christian Laursen <xi@borderworlds.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: geom_mirror delayed synchronizing question

--- Christian Laursen <xi@borderworlds.dk> wrote:
> No, I would then need to disable autosync before the machine booted
> and enable it again late it the boot process.

Yup! Sure. Turn off auto-sync and check the status of ur gmirror-s via
crontab...

> There are plenty of hacks that will do what I want but none of them
> are elegant.

Hmm... That intelligent solution, that would (aa) try not to hinder user-land
programs or that would (bb) try to find a compromise between user-land and
those sequential re-sync requests, is something, that pawel could do best
(since he is the author of gmirror)...

> I didn't ask the question because I don't know how to hack around
> things but because I want a clean solution to the problem.

Sounded like u wanted a hack since fsck isnt the only user-land program, whose
performance can be hurt by rebuilding a gmirror...

Sorry for all the traffic!

-Arne