Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 07:57:04 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>
To:        Tim Erlin <tperlin@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: and if -questions doesn't work?

> People consistently send questions to this list, and
> are consistenly advised to send them to -questions.
> I've taken those comments to heart and sent several of
> my questions to -questions. But what do I do if they
> don't get answered?

	Well, 90% of the time when I don't get an answer to my questions
it's because I asked it without doing much research. These days I mostly
try to ask "Where can I find some more info on ....." and I'll get two or
three good pointers. After a bit of research, I'm usually ready to come
back and ask a more pointed question.
	Of the other 10% of questions, it's usually because I'm asking
about some program that no one really uses, or it's been answered to death
on both the list (mail archives!) and in the handbook.

						Rick