Date:      Mon, 9 Feb 2004 23:05:09 +0800
From:      "Kathy Quinlan" <kat-free@kaqelectronics.dyndns.org>
To:        "Freebsd-Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   5.2 install hangs after menu

I am trying to install FreeBSD5.2 on an Athlon XP 2100+ machine with
512Mb ram and 20gb hdd (5gb partition for FreeBSD)MSI 745 Ultra
motherboard.

If I select any option on the menu, it tries to install and then hangs
saying BTX halted. Even if I use option 3 (safe mode)

If I select option 5 (verbose debug) it gives the following error
message:
ACPI autoload failed - no such file or directory.

Any help is appreciated, as google has turned up nothing :(

Regards,

Kat.

---