Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 1997 19:50:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Shaun <sfinn@thecore.com>
To:        Justin Ashworth <ashworth@esus.cs.montana.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: out of disk space

On Wed, 18 Jun 1997, Justin Ashworth wrote:
> Has anybody ever heard of a daemon that would can notify a sysadmin via
> e-mail if the diskspace hits a certain percentage? I'd need to know
> immediately, so a cron job is out of the picture.

If you are running X with the XView libraries installed you can
use my disktool program. It can be setup to run any program of your
choice or a script when any partition it is monitoring hits a user
defined critical amount of disk space available.

You can check it out and download it from:

http://www.thecore.com/~sfinn/disktool.html

| Shaun M. Finn                    TechnoCore Communications, Inc. |
| sfinn@thecore.com                P.O. Box 106                    |
| (732)928-7400 FAX:(732)928-7402  Jackson, NJ 08527-0106          |