Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2012 17:28:54 +0100
From:      Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@rocketmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   KDE trouble, perhaps related to display wizard usage

Hi :)

the KDE 4 desktop does cause issues, since I set up the panel and then
booted with display wizard enabled, on PC-BSD 8.2 64-bit.

The last panel I add often isn't visible and accessible, but the first
panel did work before I restarted with display wizard enabled. I add
several panels, that are invisible and not accessible. Resetting
graphics and monitor settings using display wizard doesn't solve the
issue.

Opened window apps aren't shown on the desktop.

Any ideas what's broken that I can't access, resp. seldom can access the
panel and that the application's windows aren't accessible (only shown
in the panel, assumed there is a panel, but not shown on the desktop)?

FWIW changing the X settings doesn't please me, I'll test a xorg.conf
that I used with Linux and for sure I'll switch to another DE, on Linux
I e.g. prefer Xfce4, but I guess first I should set up the default
install to my needs.

Ciao,
Ralf